Have you wondered how to eat healthy during the holidays? How you can enjoy those great holiday meals without gaining all that weight and without feeling bad afterwards? I put together 10 tips to enjoy those holiday dinners and have your body thank you for it.
Here they are:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the week – especially before heavy meals.
- Walk off that big dinner (you can even make it a family outing and exercise while enjoying one another’s company.
- Create a caloric deficit by upping your exercise routine the week of the big meal.
- Make simple substitutions, such as lighter milk and cream, to enjoy your favorite treats without the heavy health impact.
- Make small cutbacks on sugars and salts involved in the cooking process as most recipes call for more than is needed.
- Continue to have evenly-paced meals throughout the day. Having a normal breakfast and lunch will help you to refrain from overdoing it at dinner and dessert.
- Use smaller plates. Many times people will overeat purely because they pile larger portions onto wide plates. Give yourself a mental edge by using a smaller plate and having smaller portions.
- Eat slowly to allow your body time to begin digestion. You may find yourself feeling full far earlier than you would have thought.
- Beware of alcohol intake. It’s easy to drink more than your normal amount during holidays, but too much alcohol can cause a variety of problems, including dehydration.
- Relax. Stress is a huge health risk and contributes to a vast variety of ailments. Allow yourself to enjoy the holiday.
Thank you for your time reading this. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this with people you love and help them learn how to eat healthy during the holidays.
You can watch this on video here.
If you like this, you can join our private Facebook Group, Team Trans4m or follow us on Facebook and Instagram, subscribe to our Youtube Channel or visit our website RestorePlusNY.com and look under Get Active & Fit with Regie. There you’ll see other tips and videos.